
It's the first day of August here in Seoul and it begins with rain. Coming from Seattle, I don't mind getting a little wet, but when it's coupled with 99% humidity levels? Yeah, not so much. I have some weak lungs. When the air is too moist*, I just run around gasping like an asthmatic fish until I can find a fan.
But even more insulting than having to wheeze through a conversation like the wheelchair kid from Malcolm in the Middle, is that whatever I do to try to make myself look presentable goes to shit** within minutes of stepping outside my air-conditioned apartment. Hair? Fro'd. Makeup? Hot wax. Pits? Damp.
Now before I left the house, I was thoroughly impressed with my typically untameable mane and even took the time to do a fancy cat eye...

...and donned my new "rain boots" and downed half a pint before heading off to work.

Seven hours later, I meet up with Jill and, during a break in the rain, we go on a late night ramen run to 7-11 and get a proper outfit shot.

But, heavens to Betsy, if these pictures didn't gobsmack me once again with realization that I am not like the other girls here who all seem to be blessed with that sleek, shiny "Asian hair". Plus, if my face wasn't graciously blurred by parking lot lighting, you'd probably be under the impression that Danny Zuko would have gone steady with me just to rub his head on my face for the perfect Greaser 'do.
Unquashed despite my genetic setbacks, I will continue to strive to be beautiful this summer!
* Deal with it.
** I will swear occasionally. Deal with that too.







I love this already! The layout is lovely and so are your nails. Looking forward to seeing more posts!